Hi Everyone, A quick, easy and healthy meal for all those busy during the week. You can make this faster than driving down to your local takeout shop or waiting for the delivery!
1. Slice your chicken breasts into the same size pieces so they cook evenly.( I allow 1 chicken breast per person, teenagers! ) Make sure they are properly defrosted if bringing from the freezer and pat dry any liquid so you get a nice colour on them when you saute next.
2. Heat your pan on full ,then turn down to 5 ( or 3/4 heat ) Drizzle a little olive oil , then saute ( or brown ) the chicken in batches. Don`t over crowd the pan or you will just stew your chicken and it will become chewy. Put the cooked chicken on a plate while waiting for for the rest to cook.
3. When all the chicken is cooked put it back in the pan and put a lid on it and turn the heat to low.This will keep it nice and moist while you finish the rest of the meal.
4. This is the rice I use. I find Jasmine rice cooks beautifully in the microwave. For the 4 of us 1 1/2 cups of rice to 2 1/2 cups of water is plenty.
5. I use my Tupperware container but any mircowavable container with a lid will be fine. Cook 5 minutes on high with the lid off. Then put the lid on and cook 8 minutes on high. Take out of the the microwave , leave the lid on and leave on the bench or your board till you are ready to serve.
6. The ingrediants for the satay sauce. Use gluten free soy sauce or none at all , seriously it`s not that different.
3/4 cup of peanut butter
2 Tablespoons of Sweet Chilli sauce
2 teaspoons of Soy sauce
Juice of 1/2 lemon.
7. Microwave ingrediants for 1 minute on high.
8. take 1 cup of cold water and slowly add to peanut mixture while whisking.
9. Mixture will become smooth and glossy. Heat on high for 1minute, then put aside.
10. While I am serving the meal, I put on some frozen veg covered in water in the microwave for 8 minutes on high.
11. If you want to be a bit fancy ,use a measuring cup to mold your rice onto your plate.
12.When you`ve served the chicken onto the plates you`ll be left with meat juices in the pan. Add these to your peanut sauce for extra taste!
13. Voila!! Tasty ,Quick and Healthy for you.
Measurements serve 4 good sized portions.